These are suggestions.
- Newspaper subscription should your loved one enjoy reading the news.
- Televisions – we recommend a 32″ flat screen. Each room is equipped with a wall-mounted bracket (installation by Villa maintenance staff). We provide satellite TV for a monthly charge of $40. Please ask Nashwaak Villa for information.
- Telephone – Family makes arrangements with Bell Aliant.
- We supply basic toiletries; however if there is a specific brand or type preferred please provide.
- Makeup for special occasions ie. Lipstick, blush, foundation; shaving lotion. Nashwaak Villa is a scent-reduced environment and ask that no fragrance products be used due to potential allergic reactions.
No powder please. For other personal products, please remember we are a scent-reduced environment.
- Rechargeable razor.
- One blanket or quilt to make the room look more homelike. NO puffs or comforters please, as they are too large to launder.
- Please bring 7 outfits for your loved one. This would including tops and bottoms, 2 – 3 sweaters, 7 pairs of socks preferably with a loose top (not tight elastic.), 7 undershirts, 3 bras, 7 – 10 pairs of underwear and 5 night gowns/Pajama sets. Also slippers that have a non slippery sole. No knit or smooth bottoms, please, due to risk of falls.
- Photograph album; please include some family photos labeled; a visitor book for guests to sign.
- Dentures must be permanently labeled with your family members name prior to admission. Please ensure that all items are clearly labeled with a permanent marker. Any electrical equipment brought in for your loved one must be checked by maintenance prior to being
put into service.
Revised: January 2019